Children are not caged birds!
2. "Anger and frustration feed misbehavior." We know a mom who repeats this to herself when she feels like responding with lots of anger and wrath.
3. When a kid challenges your decision with a "But, why!!??", experiment with a "What do you think the reasons might be?" instead of a long justification.
4. Signs Love and Logic skills & products may NOT be right for you: 1) You had your sense of humor removed in 1987 2) You believe raising kids has to be miserable 3) You find something negative about everything 4) You secretly want kids to be incapable so they need you 5) You enjoy punishing 6) You hate fun Aren't you glad none of these describe you?
5. Just because kids are star athletes or talented in other activities, we should NOT give them a 'character pass'.
6. "The struggle my child faces today can become the strength my child possesses tomorrow."
7. My kids will face challenges. I will empower, not enable.
8. "Love you [pause] too much to fight about this." ~Said lovingly, but without a lot of emotional energy.
9. Stay classy... when there is a conflict. That way, your kids will see how to stay classy when there is a conflict.
10. We want kids THINKING about and owning their problems. Often, it's a matter of ASKING them what they are going to do about it instead of TELLING them.
Hat Tip: Love and Logic Institute, Inc.
Photo Credit: Pinterest