Answering the following questions will give us a quick "attitude check."
1. Do I see life as challenging and interesting, or do I see it as a painful struggle that must be endured?
2. Do I actively take steps to promote my own wellbeing, or do I passively wait for someone else to solve my problems?
3. Am I truly open to new ideas, or do I refuse to let go of old, familiar ways of thinking?
4. Do I make my own decisions, or do I allow other people to direct the course of my life?
5. Do I live comfortably in the present, or do I fear the future and bemoan the past?
6. Do I accept the imperfections of myself and others, or am I often upset and irritated by human imperfection?