- Self-absorbed (acts like everything is all about him or her)
- Entitled (makes the rules; breaks the rules)
- Demeaning (puts you down, bullyish)
- Demanding (of whatever he or she wants)
- Distrustful (suspicious of your motives when you're being nice to him or her)
- Perfectionistic (rigidly high standards~his or her way or no way)
- Snobbish (believes he or she is superior to you and others; gets bored easily)
- Approval seeking (craves constant praise and recognition)
- Unempathic (uninterested in understanding your inner experience, or unable to do so)
- Unremorseful (cannot offer a genuine apology)
- Compulsive (gets overly consume with details and minutiae)
- Addictive (cannot let go of bad habits; uses them to self-soothe)
- Emotionally detached (steers clear of feelings)
November 20, 2012
EXERCISE: Is the Difficult Person in Your Life a Narcissist?
Read through the items listed below and check off any that apply to the difficult person in your life. Only check off a trait if it is expressed excessively, meaning it occurs more often than not.