January 10, 2012
10 On Tues: 58 Degrees
1. I’m back!
2. I’m thrilled to be able to participate in the Women’s Bible Study with my oldest daughter at our church. She’s doing a Beth Moore Study called, “James Mercy Triumphs.” I’m doing a study on the books of Ruth and Esther.
3. Yes, my daughter is home from Marine Recruit Training. I am proud of her journey and all that she has accomplished. She is home for good working on herself and reconnecting with her family, as it should be.
4. We have been through a lot and through this process I personally have learned a lot about integrity, encouragement, and true friendship. I want to personally thank those (you know who you are) who prayed for us and jumped right in with hugs and honest concern about what was happening. I will never forget your strength and your kindness.
5. Last year many horrible evil things happened that affected all of us in different ways. Some instances were shocking, unbelievable, detestable, unsustainable, life sucking, joy stealing, and in many cases just plain dumb. I’m glad 2011 is over.
6. Everything happens for a reason. God is working in our lives every day. He uses ordinary every day events to shape our lives. He may seem hidden but He is not absent.
7. Bones is pregnant with Booth’s child. When did that happen? I need to watch more TV!
8. I can’t wait to get our new dishwasher this Thursday. I’ve been washing dishes by hand for almost two weeks. I’m just glad the old one didn’t conk out until after the Holidays. Our new dishwasher is going to be so quiet you’ll wonder if it’s even running! How nice is that!?
9. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. (Psalm 91:11-12)
10. Evil men do not understand justice, but those who seek the LORD understand it fully. (Proverbs 28:5)