2. Fiona stayed home from school yesterday. She had conjunctivitis aka pink eye. She has had 3 doses of the drops the doctor gave us to give to her and already her eye is looking almost 100%. The doctor told us yesterday she could go back to school today.
3. I found out there are 3 types of conjunctivitis and they are not all contagious. Also, if the doctor gives you medicine and your child's eye is not clearing up then you've got the wrong medicine for your particular type of pink eye.
4. I am going through all the bedrooms and washing all the linens in hot water. It's always a good idea to do this when one or more of your family members comes down with something. It's something that should be done on a regular basis as it is. I need to tackle the bathrooms too. I should probably be handling the bathrooms more often so they are at a constant level of cleanliness. If you know me well then you understand my disdain for cleaning bathrooms especially toilets!
5. We went to a fancy Christmas Party last Saturday with some good friends of ours. It was great to be able to spend some time with them. The girls were excited to get to play with new friends in what I consider to be the most awesome play room I think they have ever seen! The compound (that's what I call it) was amazing! Inside the home everything was breathtakingly beautiful and better than anything I've ever seen in any real estate magazine. The party had valet and a full staff to take your coat, pour your drink, and make sure there was plenty to eat. I'm pretty sure the home theater had the most activity because of the Big 12 Championship Game. We are looking forward to having our friends over to our house for New Years Eve.
6. Every window in our house is getting yanked and replaced with a brand spanking new window starting tomorrow! I am excited because these new windows are going to make the old windows wonder how they ever made it into our house in the first place. We are also having the back door replaced with a brand new weather efficient french door. Many of the windows that we have in our house now that are from floor to ceiling do not open. Well that is going to change and the cross breeze in the spring, summer and fall will be absolutely wonderful. I'll be able to open those up either from the bottom, the top OR both. No more crank outs! The crank outs are all going away and I will be able to clean the glass from the inside of the house. Not to mention that there will be NO MORE drafts! Exciting Stuff!
7. After being on that incredible estate for the Christmas Party I got some great decorating ideas up my sleeve for our home. But first I really need to get rid of all the baby toys and clean up that playroom. If you haven't already noticed this about me I am the world's worst procrastinator. If I know something is going to be tedious I tend to wait, and wait, and wait on it. That makes me laugh!
8. I Love Christmas! I Love everything about Christmas! I Love what Christmas stands for and I Love to give gifts. I also enjoy sending out Christmas Cards to family and friends.
9. I miss my oldest daughter. She has moved from Georgia (Thank God!) to Texas. She is living with her grandparents now. That is the best place for her to be. As hard as this was for me to do I had to tell her Omaha was off the table. There is WAY too much trouble for her to get into with all of her friends who are on the wrong side of being bad influences. She is not strong enough to do what is right when faced with their extra curricular activities. Sometimes as a parent you have to do the tough thing and tell your kids no. I miss my daughter. This will be our 1st Christmas without her. Thankfully, she is able to be close to my brother and her cousins. That should ease the blow of being homesick.
10. I am looking forward to 2011. I can't believe 2010 is about to end.