October 28, 2010

Another long day at the Hospital

Before you begin to read this post I just want to let you know that Fiona is Not in the hospital. Fiona is just fine. I am recalling a post I had written on July 28, 2007 and wanted to record it so I wouldn't forget it.

Today was another long day at the hospital but this time there was improvement with her condition. For one thing, the last time she had fever was yesterday afternoon at 4:00 o’clock in the afternoon. That means that she went more than 24 hours without fever which is what they were hoping for before they would think about sending her home.

She’s still in the hospital but we are hoping she will get to come home tomorrow. I did the day shift and Don is doing the night shift. Today her inflammation numbers were down into the 180’s instead of them being in the 300’s. I guess normal is somewhere in the neighborhood of 0 - 9. Today she didn’t have to stay hooked up to the oxygen machine all day. She only had to have it on while she was sleeping. She still had the IV in though which was a good thing.

Her eyes are not sunken any more and her little knees are not bony like they were. She was going to the bathroom A LOT which tells me she was getting lots of fluid between the IV and all the juices and water we were pushing on her. The other thing that told me she was ready to come home was her sassiness! The theatrics hit around 5:30 when I announced to her that I would be stepping out into the hallway until she could calm down. You see, she was a little ticked that I wouldn’t let her watch her sponge bob movie while she was eating her dinner. She wasn’t eating her dinner and she wouldn’t let me help her.

Grandma and Grandpa came up to see her and they surprised the littlest ones with some Barbie Dolls and a Baby Doll. Big Sis Ree brought some nail polish remover, cotton balls, and some nail polish and did some little manicures for the littlest ones too. They really got a kick out of that one!

So I’m setting my alarm clock for 7:00 AM so I can get their before 8:00 AM. I will hope and pray that her blood work goes well and the x-rays show clear so that she can come home. It’s been a long three days at the hospital.

July 28, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment