September 12, 2010

I hope you have a nice Mother's Day weekend!

What a crazy week!

Monday Fiona didn’t have any school. It was a teacher planning day last Friday along with Monday so we had a 4 day weekend. Nice! On Monday I took Fiona in for her follow-up doctor’s appointment to see if her UTI had totally cleared up. We were happy to find out that it was gone and she is good to go. I need to make sure to push clear liquids on her. The doctor told her to be sure and drink lots of water throughout the day so that the UTI doesn’t come back.

Tuesday was the Mother’s Day Tea at Fiona’s classroom. Tuesday was also the first day of spirit week and the kids all got to wear their Kindergarten T-shirts. I think the school called that day Rainbow Day. Each grade had a specific color to wear. It was a beautiful day and there wasn’t a dry eye in the classroom when our children walked us to their desks, presented us with a gift of writing and some flowers they made out of paper and then.. just when you think you are all cried out after the cookies and the tea.. they put on a little show for all of us Moms.

Here’s some of what I got to experience:

Wednesday was the All School Picnic at noon. Fiona’s school put on a bar-b-q for the entire school and family members were invited to come eat with their child and their child’s classroom. I was impressed with how smoothly everything ran. I don’t think anyone had to wait and the food line was a snap to get through! The weather was perfect! A little windy but overall the sun was shining and there wasn’t a single cloud in the sky. Wednesday was also decades day where your child could dress up from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s. I have no idea what happened to the 50’s.

At 2:00 PM I had my dental appointment with the new dental office and new dentist. I didn’t have to wait until July and August like the other place wanted me to do. You ready for this SHOCKER? I don’t have any cavities in my mouth WHATSOEVER! Not a single one! The new dentist checked my teeth one at a time with his sharp instrument and could not find in any of the grooves on any of my teeth anything sticky or odd. Boy am I glad I left the other place! You know, I was thinking something was wrong because I brush my teeth a minimum of twice daily and sometimes more than that! I don’t floss as much as should but I’m pretty good about brushing so I was kind of surprised when the old place told me I had 4 spots in two teeth that were cavities. My precious tooth enamel is SAVED!

At 2:45 I have an appointment to go back to my ear specialist. I figured out what my trigger is that causes the crystals in my inner ear on the right side to get knocked loose. When I was visiting the dentist he had me reclined so far back in the chair that my feet were higher than my head. That’s not a very good angle for me. When the chair was propped back up the room started to spin. So it’s pretty apparent that I cannot sleep on my right side AND I should not be doing any sort of activity that would put me on my back with my feet higher than my head. I will go to my ear specialist and they will perform a maneuver on me to knock the crystals back into place. That means I will be in a neck brace for at least 24 hours, I will have to sleep sitting up in the recliner, and I will be ordered to take it easy tomorrow. That means I need to clean my bathrooms before I go to see the doc because after today I will not be able to bend over to clean the bathtub or the bottom of the shower stall. Nice.. huh?

May 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment