September 19, 2016
What are some of the signs of true repentance?
1. The person will take personal responsibility for the wrongs without excusing or blaming someone or something else.
2. The person will take the initiative in healing your relationship. It won’t be you doing all the talking and pursuing.
3. The person’s behavior will match the words.
4. The person’s demeanor will be humble and broken.
5. The person’s level of defensiveness will be significantly reduced and the person will be approachable.
6. The person will have a desire to hear your truth.
7. The person will have remorse for how you have been affected by the problems.
8. The person will make a commitment to do whatever it takes to really change and begin doing it.
9. The person will have a long-term plan that supports the changes that have to be made.
10. The person will apologize when “slips” occur and old behavior surfaces. These slips should become less frequent over time.
Hat Tip: Karla Downing
August 18, 2016
You will be terribly missed.
You were getting older but we thought we would have you for much longer.
You're a good girl.
We love you.
We are heartbroken. Sushi was a wonderful part of our family. She loved each of us, she was loyal, patient, extremely affectionate. Her expressions were priceless. She even knew how to spell words like w-a-l-k.
She was very fast. I will miss her zipping through the house and flying off the furniture.
She was my laundry buddy.
She snuggled and hugged us every. single. day.
She did this consistently no matter our moods or trials.
Today on the way to school the girls saw a rainbow.
Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and ALL living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:16
You were the best dog, Sushi.
We will miss you so much. xo
April 23, 2016
April 5, 2016
“Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand” (Matt. 13:13). There are people who truly don’t get “it” and no matter what they see or hear, they will still not get “it.” Don’t wear yourself out trying to make them do something they just aren’t able to do.
By Karla Downing
March 17, 2016
This is a picture of Kinsley when she was 4 months old. That would put Fiona at about 2 years old. Fiona used to constantly try to fluff up Kinsley’s cheeks with her little hands. Fiona used to climb into Kinsley’s crib so she could be right next to her and Kinsley LOVED it!
March 16, 2016
The action of damaging the good reputation of someone; slander or libel.
"she sued him for defamation"
synonyms: libel, slander, calumny, character assassination, vilification; scandalmongering, malicious gossip, aspersions, muckraking, abuse; disparagement, denigration; smear, slur; informalmudslinging, smack talk
"he sued the newspaper for defamation"